Providing a Professional, Safe, Caring and Healthy Place to Stay.
With over 35 years experience in providing health care and accommodation services to womens and children from through Far North, we are truely the best place to stay.
With no birthing facilities in remote Cape York and Western Queensland pregnant women must come to Cairns around four to six weeks before the birth of their baby. These women must leave their homes and families just when family and community support is most needed.
Which is where Mookai Rosie and our staff step in to provide a home away from home for these women while in Cairns.
Inspired by our strong Aboriginal women founders, Mookai Rosie continues to service our remote Far North communities by providing a place of care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and children with top quality accommodation, food and health advice.
Good nutrition, women’s reproductive health, pre and post-natal care, social and emotional wellbeing and environmental health are all issues our expert staff assist our clients with.
The board and staff of Mookai Rosie are proud to honour our founders,
- Mookai Rosie Bi-Bayan currently has accommodation for 24 guests
- All meals and transporation to and from medical appointments is provided
- Regular outings including shopping and fishing trips and visits to important events like Cairns Indigenous Art Fair and NAIDOC celebrations
- A staff member is on duty 24 hours a day and available for emergencies at all times
- Mookai Rosie accepts clients refferred by Community Clinics in conjunction with RFDS
- A client’s stay may vary from 1 night to 6 weeks
- Staff give assistance with Mothercraft, Health Education, Welfare issues and treatment of minor aliments is provided
- Mookai Rosie is a safe, comfortable and our staff are informed at all times by the cultural needs of our clients.
Call or email us to yarn about the needs to you patient on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 4081 7500